1. Onions. Bleh. And my hubby is from Walla Walla. Yes, this was almost a deal-breaker for him and his family, who eat Walla Walla Sweet Onions like apples.
I once returned a bean burrito to Taco Bell because I ordered it without onions, and they put onions in it. I actually went off on the guy and told him that I'm SUPER allergic to onions and that he could have killed me!
2. Peas. So, so gross.
3. Seafood. It's a smell and a texture thing. When I was pregnant I craved some salmon. My dad bbq'd one for me with lemon. I took two bites, and then couldn't eat any more. It's just not my thing.
Always fresh! Always unappetizing!
4. Spicy food. I struggle with mild salsa and heavy pepper. You get much hotter than that, and it's a no-go for me. I'm "allergic" to anything with too much spice.
This is as close as I can get to a hot wing!
Okay, I realize these are probably not mushrooms that one would eat, but all mushrooms look this unappatizing to me!
6. Several other vegetables: artichoke, beets, brussel sprouts, squash. Unfortunately, I'm "allergic" to all of them.
Essentially, ALL vegetables.
7. Nuts. Even peanuts and yes, that include peanut butter.
8. Corned beef. Oh, and add cabbage to my list of veggies I'm "allergic" to, too, please.
Every year on St. Patrick's Day, my mom lectures me about how I used to love corned beef and cabbage, and I argue that I NEVER enjoyed this meal. The point is moot, anyway, because I don't like it now!
9. Milk. I would tell people I'm lactose intolerant, but that might become suspect when they see me eating ice cream out of the tub. So I just tell them I'm "allergic" to milk. I might as well be - I gag just thinking about drinking it. Or, worse yet, my hubby drinking it in bed with toast like he does so often...and he slurps! But that's a different list...Things the Hubby Does to Drive Me NUTS!
10. Mustard. One of my earliest childhood memories is eating mustard out of a bowl, and I haven't been able to eat it since. My mom swears I never did that, but I remember it. At least I think I do.
The worst is when McD's forgets that I said, "Ketchup only" and they RUIN my cheeseburger with mustard. The onions (which also ruins a burger) I can pick off. The mustard...that blasted mustard soaks in to the bun and it's impossible to remove!
So, I think you all might now know something about me that you wouldn't have otherwise known...I have the same diet as most 4 and 5 year olds. As a matter of fact, my daughter is better about eating her veggies than I am. And I'm so glad she gets her servings of veggies at school every day because I am certainly not preparing them and making her eat them!
Now, don't get me wrong, I eat plenty of carrots and corn and broccoli! But that's about it.
I'm pathetic, I know.