I saw a headline this morning for a countdown of the Top 15 Reality TV Moms. I don't watch all of these shows, so I'm not sure if I agree...any arguments for or against any of these gals?
1. Kate Gosselin - Jon and Kate Plus 8 (TLC)
2. Michelle Duggar - 19 Kids and Counting (TLC)
3. Kris Jenner - Keeping Up With the Kardashians (E!)
4. Sharon Osbourne - The Celebrity Apprentice (NBC)
5. Tori Spelling - Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood (Oxygen)
6. Kim Zolciak - The Real Housewives of Atlanta (Bravo)
7. Sheree Whitfield - The Real Housewives of Atlanta (Bravo)
8. NeNe Leakes - The Real Housewives of Atlanta (Bravo)
9. Lisa Wu Hartwell - The Real Housewives of Atlanta (Bravo)
10. Alexis Bellino - The Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo)
11. Lynne Curtin - The Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo)
12. Tamra Barney - The Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo)
13. Vicki Gunvalson - The Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo)
14. All the moms from The Real Housewives of New York City sans Bethenny Frankel who is expecting her first child.
15. All the moms from The Real Housewives of New Jersey (Bravo)
Okay, I must confess that I love me some Real Housewives of Orange County, but I do NOT consider them great moms! Each one is more self-obsessed than the next. As a matter of fact, probably the only mom I really like and think is a good mom is Tori Spelling! If you had told me 5 years ago that someday I would think Tori Spelling was a good mom, I would have laughed and then thrown a drink in your face.
But, as it turns out, not only do I really like her, but I think we are very similar! And my husband has a man-crush on Dean. We are the Tori and Dean of Eastern Washington, let me tell ya!
When I saw this list, I also thought, "Aren't there more reality TV moms than all the housewives a couple of other attention-starved weirdos?!" But I'm having trouble coming up with any. Yikes. I don't need Grace to grow up thinking this is how moms are...where have all the Claire Huxtables gone?
Is there a mom you identify with on TV these days?
I am the mom of a BEAUTIFUL little girl named Grace! She was born in December of 2008 and is the coolest person I know.
I am also mother to the cutest little man, Logan. Logan joined the fam-damily September of 2011 and is also pretty darn cool.
I am married to a pretty great guy.
I have a wonderfully supportive family.
I am starting a brand-spanking-new career as a financial representative with a great company.
I have too many hobbies and interests to count.
And now, I have a place to write all about my daughter and son, my family and our adventures!