Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Simple Things

The very clever Christina over at Soul Aperture has given bloggers an amazing opportunity.  She has challenged us to write a blog about the simple things in life; the things that make one persons life worth living and might be meaningless to someone else. (Read Christina's "Simple Things" blog here!)

For every comment on her post that leads to a blog about the simple things, Christina will donate $1 to Doctors Without Borders (up to $250).  I was comment no. 110!  I believe she now has close to 150 comments on her post.  Outstanding!

Without further ado, my list of The Simple Things.

rainy days in summer.
the conversations you would only have with a best friend.
the smell of horse sweat and leather.
phone calls/texts/emails from my brother.
huckleberry martinis from Bistangos.
dancing with the girls.
designer jeans.
nordstroms.
new handbags.
perfect weather for riding horses.
rediscovering something you used to love.
new (to me) television shows that are addicting.
hot chocolate.
a clean car.
wine tasting.
driving a new route - especially in the fall.
cooking from a recipe, not the back of a box.
presents.
inside jokes.
grande nonfat caramel macchiatto (winter)
venti vanilla iced coffee (summer)
watching the girls I coach "get it."
doing the tv crossword with my dad.
bookstores.
diet coke from mcdonalds - sounds weird, but it tastes a little different and it's amazing.
making people laugh.
my husband's life philosophy:  happy wife, happy life.

and finally, the most beautiful, pure and simple thing that I love, grace.




-Grace's Mom

2 comments:

  1. rediscovering something you used to love...what a nice feeling inside. great list.

    coming over from Soul Aperture.

    one love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this idea of Christina's such fun? I love how many of us are roaming the blogroads stopping to say hello here and there. So, hello to you. Happy almost-Friday.

    ReplyDelete