KUWTK...Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
I mentioned the other day that I have a love/hate relationship with the Kardashian sisters and their men. Here are the things I love:
1. They are marketing geniuses. I've heard a lot of people comment about the K sisters being famous for being famous. What may not occur to people is that these women are flipping incredible branders. They have created a product in themselves - and they are the hottest commodity out there right now! Everyone knows who they are and what their latest scandal is.
2. They are a really tight-knit family. They bicker, fight, and argue. But in the end, they always have each others backs.
3. Kourtney is a really good mom to Mason.
4. Kim is probably my least favorite, but I do appreciate that she's never been fall-down drunk in the papers and seems to hold herself to a certain standard. Sometimes I wish she would losen up, though.
5. Khloe is probably the most down-to-earth, and has a really nice relationship with her husband, Lamar.
Here are the things I hate:
1. The girls are all very materialistic and can be pretty petty.
2. All of them can be absolutely horrible to the men in their lives. Kris deceives Bruce, Kourtney is downright rude to Scott, and Kim and Kris...well, that's for a whole different blog.
3. They can be really raunchy and inappropriate.
4. I don't think they are good role models for young women in many aspects, the exception being branding and marketing/promotion.
Anyway, that's where I stand with KUWTK. I was very relieved to talk to one of my favorite cousins last night, and to find that she, too, loves to hate the famous family. Or hates to love? Either way. Clearly, I'm not the only one who is fascinated by this family.